I’m on such a miso kick lately since discovering it. If nothing else has come out of 2020 so far, then at least I’ve found a new ingredient to add to everything! Its super savoury, umami flavour gives such a nice depth to dishes and I’m officially obsessed!
I originally bought aubergine to make baba ganoush, but this happened instead and I’m not complaining. It was so tasty served as a side to go along with a noodle dish and I’ll definitely be making it again soon!
Miso and peanut butter glazed aubergine
- 1 large aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 heaped spoonful peanut butter
- 2 spoonfuls maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 spoonful miso paste
- 1 spoonful soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 lime (juice of)
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, miso paste, soy sauce & lime juice together until smooth.Depending on the texture/thickness of your peanut butter, a few splashes of water may be required to get the right consistency.
- Slice the aubergines in half length ways and score/cut diagonal (crisscross) lines in each half. I like to cut these quite deep so that the glaze can fill them up and seep right into the aubergine.
- Place the aubergine halves onto a baking tray and evenly cover with the glaze (ensuring you get plenty into the cuts too) then pop into the oven for approximately 25 minutes – until they’re golden (or even slightly charred if you prefer).
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chilli flakes & coriander (if you fancy).
Let me know if you try it!
Lots of Love